- Lost or stolen wallet or purse along with the credit cards, driver’s licenses. Social Security cards. Smart phones also hold personal and financial information.
- Theft of mail from mailboxes. Thieves also sort through trash for bank account information and preapproved credit card offers. They also file fraudulent address changes to obtain your mail.
- Internet scams such as email phishing that attempts to obtain personal information.
- Fraudulent phone calls.
- Skimming devices that can copy credit or debit card information.
- Data breaches at retailers and financial institutions by high-tech thieves.
There have been several cases of Identity Theft here in our town. Get protection before it’s too late. Call us today at 970-254-0813.